Cory Helie

You can catch him on the two hottest radio stations in Central NE: Middays on the Tri Cities Country Leader Y102 and in the afternoons on Nebraska's Best Music, Hits 106 .
He loves writing short paragraphs on himself, baseball, overdosing, and drinking Culligan water when hungover.
He enjoys Weezer, Saturday Night Live, and telling people what the hell is up.



2/27/10

Government Property My Ass



Lord knows if I challenged the cast of M*A*S*H to a fight, they would not go taddle me out to their superiors. They would probably just beat me over the head with my bottle of gin and make martinis with it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Have you ever been in a bar, harmlessly drinking cement mixer after cement mixer, grabbing girl's asses and firing guns in the air . . . when a ripped, slightly slow, Marine walks up and starts shit with you?

Sure, we have ALL found ourselves in situations where a a military man, whether he be Naval, Army, Air Force, or Marine (never coastgaurd, they're afriad of everything, including water) puts his foot down on something you're doing, and demands you stop, or else!

Or else what, Jarhead? You'll take my freedom of speech away with your douchebag army wand? Or are you going to 'every which way but loose' my ass? Of course you want to fight, you're trained to do so. BUT! If I do decide to fight this angry gentleman, apparently I could get in more trouble than he can, for I would be tampering with government property.

If this is true, and we can be punished for tampering with government property for merely defending ourselves to some high and tight asshole, than I should be able to sue the government for unleashing their weapons amongst citizens. Would it be advisable for the army to let a loaded cannon hangout with a bunch of drunks, I don't think so.

If they're being labeled government property, they should have to stay locked up in the barracks. NOT, allowed where the average citizen drinks, and forgets about how the government is always bringing them down. Or perhaps the government should take some responsibility, and take the blame for the way some people on the military act.

It should be my American right to get the shit beat out of me by a Marine, and receive the same punishment. I should not be treated like I just banged one of the Bush twins on the Whitehouse steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment