Cory Helie

You can catch him on the two hottest radio stations in Central NE: Middays on the Tri Cities Country Leader Y102 and in the afternoons on Nebraska's Best Music, Hits 106 .
He loves writing short paragraphs on himself, baseball, overdosing, and drinking Culligan water when hungover.
He enjoys Weezer, Saturday Night Live, and telling people what the hell is up.



4/6/10

Pet Peeve

So I was sitting on my couch watching Major League starring Charlie Sheen, when my girlfriend's phone rings. She takes the call. I continue watching Rick "Wild Thing" Vauhgn 'strike this motherfucker out' when her conversation got louder and louder.

As a Tiger Woods commercial came on and my attention swerved (he makes me so sick, he's a cheater) I began remembering how my mother used to always take calls in front of others in our family room and how she could bring walls down with her loud conversations.

She never quite understood how much that pissed me off. I always found it kind of rude that someone could make what they were saying overtake an entire population of people in the room. Whether it was just the two of us or the whole Helie crew (me and her seven other sons and dad).

My senses hit me when the sound barrior broke at the pitch of Danielle's conversation. The anger could have turned me green and hulk-like, until she politely asked "am I being too loud? I could go in the other room." I politely replied "yes please, that would be great."

Situation diffused.

How lucky am I? A problem arose and took care of itself. Just like Jake Taylor, she sacrifice bunted. It all worked out, even though I did nothing to solve the problem. Is major league kind of a metaphor for a relationship? Or was i just being a tool about people overpowering the room. Let's go with Major League being a metaphor here.

Sometimes your your relationship gets in to a pinch. Whether it is a World Series size problem or Minor League skirmish, dissecting the problem and taking action will in turn take your team to the big show. So beware folks, pay close attention to the little things with your partner and improve upon things as neccessary, your relationship will be much more fulfilling.

Author's Note: Anything in parenthesis is a bold lie. Tiger Woods is the man and I only have two brothers.

1 comment:

  1. Great pet peeve to own..might have to go rant on some of mine.

    ReplyDelete